1 week diet plan for belly fat is a diet plan that will help you lose unwanted weight in one week. This consists of guidelines for meal planning and tips to reduce belly fat. Having more than 4 cm of stomach fat around your waist can be dangerous. Excess belly fat increases the risks of inflammatory diseases and cardiovascular problems. But losing it is not as hard as you might think infact there are a lot of benefits of losing belly fat. This article teaches you how to lose belly fat in 1 week with an extensive diet plan for flat stomach.
Table of Contents
How to Lose Belly Fat in 1 Week
Running for 25 minutes every day and following a healthy diet is an efficient strategy for losing belly fat fast. A diet that is low in calories, fats, and sugars will allow the body to burnfat more easily.
Abdominal exercises are also recommended, as they will tone the abdomen and improve its appearance.
Although one week is a very short period of time to get rid of accumulated fat, it is possible to see some weight loss and reduce abdominal bloating.
Exercises to lose belly fat in 1 week
Running is the best way to lose belly fat quickly because it burns a high number of calories in a short period of time – just 25 minutes of running can burn up to 300 calories. If you’re just starting an exercise routine, then remember to ease into it slowly, and gradually increasethe intensity and duration of your workouts.
In order to lose belly fat in one week, you can also add some abdominal exercises to complete your daily workout. Abdominal exercises will strengthen your core and decrease the amount of fat accumulated in the area, helping you to lose belly fat.
5 best exercises for losing belly fat
The best exercises for targeting fat are aerobic exercises that burn the most calories in within a short amount of time. Some examples include:
Running is an aerobic activity that is very efficient for weight loss and belly fat burning. It activates several muscles at once, and it requires muscle resistance while improving your physical stamina and cardiorespiratory endurance. All of this helps to boost your metabolism, which will activate fat burning.
One way to speed-up weight loss and belly fat burning is to do interval training, which should be done at a high intensity. This consists of alternating between periods of effort and rest to further increase metabolism. Rest can be active or passive. It’s important that this type of training is supervised by a personal trainer to avoid injury and to ensure that the activity is being carried out at a high intensity.
2. Aerobic class
Aerobic classes like step class, combat, and Zumba, for instance, are also good options forlosing belly fat as they are usually done at a high intensity. In addition, aerobic classes are normally done in groups, which is good because the participants encourage each other to perform the the activity correctly.
3. Jumping rope
Jumping rope is considered to be a complete exercise because it stimulates the muscles andimproves the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. This will boost metabolism to promote calorie and fat burning. Overall, jumping rope has lots of differenthealth benefits.
Cycling is another great wayof promoting weight loss and belly fat burning, since it builds muscle and improves strength and resistance. It employs a great number of muscles to work, and the more muscles working, the higher the capacity of the body to burn fat.
5. Speed walking
When it is consist and quick, walking can boost metabolism and promote weight loss and fat burning. For this to be possible, however, you need to do speed walk for at least 30 minutes at a consistently high intensity. It’s also important that you follow the right diet alongside this physical activity.
Swimming is also an excellent exercise that can be performed for weight loss, as it improves your physical condition and strengthens the muscles, which helps to burn fat faster.
Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
Workout is a key part of almost every weight loss journey. Exercises that specifically target the abdominal area would go a long way in helping reduce belly fat. Here are 4 exercises that you can do to lose belly fat:
#1 Vertical Leg Crunch
- Lie flat on the floor with legs extended upwards and then one knee that is crossed over the other.
- Breathe in and then lift the upper body towards the pelvis. Breathe out slowly.
- Do 12-16 crunches in two or three sets.
#2 Bicycle exercise
- Lie on the mat, or on the floor and keep your hands either behind your head or by your side just like you would for crunches.
- Lift both your legs off the ground and bend them at the knees.
- Bring the right knee close to the chest while keeping the left leg down.
- Take the right leg down and bring the left leg towards the chest.
- Alternate bending the knees as if you are using a bicycle.
- Start by lying down flat with your knees bent and your feet on the ground.
- Lift your hands and then place them behind the head or keep them crossed on the chest. Inhale deeply.
- As you lift the upper torso off the floor, you should exhale. Again inhale when you get back down and then exhale as you come up.
- If you are a beginner, start by doing 10 crunches in every set. Each day, aim to complete two to three sets of crunches.
#4 Bird dog
- Put your weight on your hands and toes while bending your knees to take a tabletop position. Squeeze your core to keep your spine straight.
- Raise your left arm to reach straight forward, while simultaneously raising your right leg and stretching it out.
- Hold for a count, squeezing your core, before returning to the original position.
- Repeat the movement with your right arm and left leg to complete 1 rep.
Diet Plan For Flat Stomach
This flat tummy diet plan promotes sustainable weight loss without leaving you hungry
(Image credit: Getty Images)
If you’ve been looking to drop pounds, this flat tummy diet plan will help reduce your calorie intake, boost your metabolism, and improve your health. Coupled with regular exercise, this food plan can help you sustainably reach your fitness goals.
You might already be training with thebest exercise machines to lose weightand sipping on post-workout shakes made with thebest protein powders for weight loss, but you can give this a helping hand by eating around this flat stomach diet.
Nutrition plays a crucial role in how our bodies feel, and one of the most common ways to hit your weight loss targets is to create acalorie deficitand burn more energy than you consume. But this flat tummy diet plan won’t leave you with pangs of hunger.
Instead, you can choose a breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack with six options for each to keep things varied. We recommend starting the day with a green tea, as a meta-analysis published in the journalNature(opens in new tab)showed that it helps boost the weight loss effects of exercise.
FLAT TUMMY DIET PLAN: BREAKFASTS
- A wholewheat bagel:spread with low-fat cream cheese and a little smoked salmon.
- 2 wheat biscuits:topped with 1 chopped pear and 1tbsp flaked almonds, served with 5.3fl oz/150ml skimmed milk.
- A slice of granary toast:with 2 scrambled eggs and 1⁄2 a grilled tomato. One orange.
- 1.41oz/40g jumbo oats:soaked in 3.4fl oz/100ml pure apple juice overnight. In the morning, mix with 3 chopped Brazil nuts, 1⁄2 a grated apple and 2 tbsp fat-free greek yogurt.
- Open sandwich:a slice of granary bread, thinly layered with low-fat olive spread and topped with 1 sliced tomato, a few sprigs of watercress and 1 sliced hard-boiled egg.
- Smoothie bowl:made with 5.3fl oz/150ml skimmed milk, 1 small banana, 1tbsp sesame seeds, 1⁄2tsp ground cinnamon and 1tsp honey (optional).Whizz it all together in one of thebest blenders.
FLAT TUMMY DIET PLAN: LUNCHES
- A small spicy-marinated chicken breast:shredded, served with salad leaves, and dressed with 1 tbsp reduced-fat salad cream, in a wholemeal pitta bread. One piece of fruit.
- A small tin of tuna in brine: tossed with a salad of cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumber and baby leaf, with 2 oatcakes. One orange or pear.
- A prawn and salad sandwich:dressed in reduced-fat salad cream, in wholemeal bread with 3 cherry tomatoes. One satsuma.
- A 10cm piece of French bread with 1oz/25g Brie:12 grapes and one pear. One small slice of malt loaf.
- A spicy mixed bean salad:with low-fat dressing, served on a bed of baby gem lettuce. One slice of melon or watermelon.
- Rice salad:made with 1.4oz/40g brown rice (uncooked weight), 3.5oz/100g torn chicken or turkey, one diced pepper, one sliced spring onion, one diced and de-seeded cucumber, 5 halved grapes and fat-free vinaigrette.
FLAT TUMMY DIET PLAN: DINNERS
- 5.3oz/150g tuna steak:grilled, with 4 tbsp mixed vegetable couscous, green beans and a large mixed salad.
- Frittata:made with 2 eggs, 1tsp dried mixed herbs, ground black pepper and a pinch of salt, and 3 sliced cooked baby new potatoes. Serve with mixed steamed veg or salad.
- 3.5oz/100g chicken breast:dusted with cajun spices, bake at 392 degress Fahrenheit/200°c for about 20 minutes with mushrooms, tomatoes, onion wedges, chunks of red pepper and courgette. Serve with 3 baby new boiled potatoes, broccoli and carrots.
- 3.5oz/100g lean steak:grilled and served with 5.3oz/150g baked potato wedges, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes, and a large mixed salad with fat-free dressing.
- Quorn or vegetarian cottage pie under 450 calories:plus plenty of steamed carrots and broccoli.
- Two grilled 95% fat-free or vegetarian sausages:served with 3.5oz/100g potatoes, mashed with 1tbsp fat-free greek yogurt, and ground black pepper, 2tbsp fat-free gravy, carrots and cabbage.
For a healthier way to prepare the meats in this list, consider using one of thebest grills, which help excess fat drain away – making it a better option than traditional grilling, roasting or pan-frying.
FLAT TUMMY DIET PLAN: SNACKS
Enjoy a green tea plus one the following daily:
- A cereal bar under 110kcals
- A bowl of veggie sticks with 2tbsp low-fat humous for dipping
- 4 dried apricots
- 2 Brazil nuts
- 2 crispbreads sandwiched together with 2tbsp low-fat cream cheese
- 1 apple cut into wedges with 1tbsp peanut butter for dipping
- 3.5oz/150g pot fat-free yogurt
To help you stay on track with the flat tummy diet plan, we’ve created this handy visual guide to all the meal and snack options. Save it to your device for quick reference when out shopping or in the kitchen!
1 Week Diet Plan For Belly Fat
Belly fat isn’t just about fitting into your clothes. Many studies find that visceral fat, a type of fat that surrounds your organs, increases the risk of many health conditions.
These include diabetes, heart disease, blood pressure, and even certain types of cancer.
Therefore, it’s important to lose a few pounds not just so you can look better. Following a scientifically proven diet like the Mediterranean diet can help you get rid of excess belly fat.
The article below will cover everything you need to know about following a diet plan for a flat belly and offer a sample 7 day plan to follow.
You can jump straight into the7 day pdf of the planhere.
Many studies find an association between eating more fruit and losing weight. This is likely due to the high fiber content within them.
Although fruits do contain sugar, they are natural sugars and not added sugars. The most common types of added sugar are two simple sugars called glucose and fructose.
However, fructose is found in small quantities within fruit. Also, the high amounts of fiber within fruit reduces blood sugar level rises caused by the sugars.
One large study of over 133,468 people over a 24 year period found that fruit intake was associated with a greater weight loss over time. In that study, apples and berries seemed to have the greatest effect on weight .
Vegetables are high in vitamins, minerals and fiber. Because they contain lots of fiber, they have high satiety, meaning they keep you fuller with fewer calories.
Many studies find that generally, those who eat more vegetables weigh less over time .
Leafy greens (such as broccoli, kale, cabbage etc) are also high in vitamins and minerals like calcium, which may aid fat burning according to some studies.
Whole grains have a bad reputation because they have more carbs.
However, many studies show they are healthy and actually can help you lose weight and cut belly fat over the long-term. This is because they are rich in fiber and this can prevent overeating.
One review examined 15 different studies containing 120,000+ people. It found 3 servings of whole grains every day was linked to a lower body mass index and less belly fat.
Another study examining 45 years of research on whole grains foundthat whole-grain cereal and cereal with added bran were associated with a modestly lower risk of obesity.
Examples of whole grains include:
- Brown rice
- Whole grain bread
Legumes & Beans
Legumes and beans are an excellent plant-based protein source.
Because they contain lots of protein as well as fiber, they keep you fuller for longer. Many studies show that they can help reduce weight sustainable and cut fat by naturally reducing food intake.
One study of overweight adults found that 5 cups (910g) of navy beans and legumes per week helped reduce waist circumference and blood pressure and was more effective than dietary counselling.
Some examples of popular beans and legumes include:
- Black beans
- Kidney beans
Nuts and Seeds
Nuts and seeds are thought to be fattening and therefore, shouldn’t be eaten. However, despite being high in fat and calories, they actually can help you lose weight.
An extensive study that examined 36 studies found common nut consumption wasn’t associated with increased weight, waist size, or BMI.
One study found those who ate two or more portions of nuts per week had a 31% lower risk of weight gain compared to the control group that didn’t eat them (10).
There seem to be a few reasons nuts can help you cut body and therefore, belly fat.
Eating nuts and has been linked to more feelings of fullness and reduce hunger. Snacking on almonds has been shown to reduce hunger and cravings for example (13). However, this can apply to all kinds of nuts and seeds.
Great nut and seed additions to your diet include:
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
Guidelines For Meal Planning
- Choose fresh foodinstead of canned foods, which typically have more sodium.
- Choose whole grainsinstead of refined grains (e.g brown bread instead of white). Whole grains contain more fiber that keeps you full.
- Use herbs and spicesto flavor your food instead of salt.
- Avoid processed cuts of meat, which usually have more saturated fats.
- Cook with olive oilwhere possible instead of butter.
- Eat healthy snackslike fruit and nuts.
- Eat more fiber.Fiber keeps you full and improves digestion.
- Eat more protein.This prevents muscle loss and improves metabolism. Lean proteins such as fish and poultry are great choices.
- Check the food labels.Some foods can have hidden salt and sugar.
A big factor is ensuring that you are able to stick to the diet you are eating long-term. Studies find people who use short-term diets to lose weight tend to eventually regain it, and possibly add more weight on.
One study found people a regained 30–65% of their lost weight within one year on these diets. Another found 1 in 3 ends up heavier than before they started dieting.
Ultimately, you shouldn’t think of ‘dieting’ as a short term fix. Losing the belly fat and keeping it off for good comes down to making sustainable lifestyle choices.
Foods to Limit
These are foods you should generally avoid. By all means, treat yourself occasionally – but don’t make a habit of eating these foods regularly:
- Junk foods:fast food and potato chips
- Refined carbohydrates:white bread, pasta, crackers, flour tortillas, biscuits
- Fried foods:french fries, donuts, fried meats
- Sugar-sweetened beverages:soda, tea with added sugar, sports drinks
- Processed meats:bacon, canned meat, salami, sausages
- Trans fats:vegetable oil and margarine
Tips to Reduce Belly Fat
In order to reduce belly fat, one needs to follow a well-planned routine. Here are a few tips that can help one reduce the accumulation of fat in the abdominal region:
1. Getting Enough Sleep
Sleep affects various aspects of one’s health, including belly fat accumulation. It’s a proven fact that people who don’t sleep enough tend to gain more weight. Sleep deprivation leads to the increase in ghrelin levels and lowering of the leptin levels in the body, which is responsible for making you hungry.
Lack of sleep is responsible for metabolic and endocrine alterations, along with a reduction in glucose tolerance. When you’re exhausted, your brain’s reward centres rev up, looking for something to feel good about. So while you are able to keep a check on your comfort food craving when you are well-rested, sleep deprivation may make you unable to resist temptations. This can cause a hormonal imbalance in the body and lead to weight gain.
A minimum of 7 hours of quality sleep every night is a must to keep one’s fat gain under control. The quality of sleep is as essential as the total duration of your bedtime.Read more about the connection between improper sleep and weight gainhere.
2.Drink Enough Water
There is a positive correlation between water consumption and weight loss. Studies show that water helps the body metabolize stored fat efficiently.
Drinking water throughout the day gives you a feeling of being full and helps keep your appetite at bay. Sometimes, our body mistakes thirst for hunger, so it’s always advisable to have some water before grabbing a snack to check on what your body is actually demanding.
It goes without saying that water is the best ‘beverage’ to quench your thirst. Any juice or carbonated drink contains sugar that increases your calorie intake so it’s best to choose water over anything else.
A glass or two of warm water in the morning can help you in losing weight and belly fat and cleanse your system.
Exercising daily is proven to have helped with body-weight management. While that stands undisputed, there are various arguments with regard to the intensity of daily exercise routine.
However, your workout plans should be directly proportional to gender, age and BMI.
It is ideal to consult a personal fitness trainer before getting started on high-intensity resistance training.
4.Track Your Calories
Extra calories in any form get stored in the body as fat. It is ideal to keep track of the number of calories being consumed and burnt on a daily basis. This can help avoid fat accumulation in the body.
Calorie Deficit is a great way to burn calories. A 500 cal deficit can lead to a weight loss of 0.4 kg or 1 lb in a week. You can use the calorie tracker available on theHealthifyMe appfor the same.
5.Never Skip Breakfast
Breakfast is hailed as the most important meal, as it provides the essential energy levels to begin your day. Skipping breakfast messes with your metabolism, slowing down the fat-burning process.
Additionally, on days you skip breakfast, you are more likely to make poor food choices throughout the day. Eating a healthy breakfast during the day helps reduce cravings and prevents excessive hunger throughout the day.Remember to make your breakfast wholesome and healthy by including natural foods such as eggs, oats, fruits and nuts.
Benefits Of Losing Belly Fat
1. Helps regulate blood sugar and diabetes
Losing weight improves insulin sensitivity in people withtype 2 diabetes, saysPreeti Pusalkar, a certified clinical nutritionist with Hudson Medical Center, a primary care provider in New York City.
Excess body fat leads to anincrease in adipose tissue, which causes inflammation and interferes with the function of insulin — the hormone that helps regulateblood sugar levels.
Weight loss reduces adipose tissue, which allows the body to manage blood sugar more effectively. Plus, you don’t have to lose that much weight to see results.Researchhas found that just a 5% reduction in body weight improved blood sugar levels in adults.
2. Improved heart health
Losing weight can alsoimprove heart healthby reducing pressure on arteries, meaning the heart doesn’t have to work as hard to pump blood through the body. The result islower blood pressureand low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels — the “bad” kind of cholesterol that can increase your risk of heart disease, Pusalkar says.
And it doesn’t matter if you lose weight through diet and exercise or weight-loss surgery like metabolic surgery — you’ll reap benefits regardless, according to a large 2020study.
Researchers examined the effects of weight loss surgery onobesepatients who either had weight loss surgery or who lost weight through lifestyle changes. The risk of heart disease for the surgical group decreased after a 5% to 10% loss of body weight while the nonsurgical group saw a decrease after losing about 20% of body weight.
3. Decreased risk of stroke
Excess weight can increase blood pressure, and thereforeyour risk of stroke. This is because high blood pressure puts a strain on your blood vessels, making them stiffer and more likely to cause blood to clot.
“Losing weight helps improve the efficiency of the heart due to less constricted blood vessels,” Pusalkar says.
4. Better sleep
Overweight people aremore likely to suffer from sleep apnea— a disorder characterized by disrupted breathing while sleeping. Excess weight can increase fat deposits in your neck, which can obstruct your airways.
If you suffer from sleep apnea, losing weight likely won’t entirely cure the condition. However, losing just 10% to 15% of your body weight can improve sleep quality and reduce the severity of sleep apnea in moderately obese patients, according to theNational Sleep Foundation.
5. Improved mobility
Losing weight alleviates pressure on knees and joints, which can improve mobility, Pusalkar says. A large 2012studyof obese adults with type 2 diabetes found as little as a 1% drop in weight cut mobility limitations, such as difficulty walking or climbing stairs, by more than 7%.